donderdag 2 augustus 2012

Longhair Tutorial: Ballet Braided Bun

 

My hair was in a rut during the school year, so I thought it was time to put my hair up nicely in a new updo. I am commuting with public transport to my work and I regularly saw little ballet girls with their hair braided up in the same style going to the "Conservatorium" and "Koorenhuis" in The Hague. This updo seemed to be done with two braids coiled up next to eachother, and I thought "That should be easy!" It is.

So here is a small (written) tutorial for this Ballet Braided Bun.

You'll need:
Bra-strap length (BSL as we longhairs call it) hair or longer
A comb
Lots of pins (the U-shaped kind or the sliding kind. I used the sliding kind)

1) Comb your hair and part it for two braids, one on either side of your head.
2) Braid both parts of hair.
3) Take one braid (I started with the left one) and take it to the right side of your head, laying it around the base of the right braid and keep laying it anti-clockwise on the back of your head. Pin it while putting it in place.
4) Take the right braid and take it to the left side of your head and just lay it around the braid you already pinned down, putting and pinning it in place clockwise.

Done! Enjoy your Big Bun!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx