maandag 20 augustus 2012

Sailor Socks Part III



Knitting, knitting, knitting. It is going great! The Sailor Socks are progressing beautifully. The last time I wrote about socks I was heading to the last one and a half inch before starting the mini gusset. After that I had to sort out how to make a short row heel with mini gusset for the amount of stitches I have in these socks. I thought it would be a bit of guessing and measuring, but how a heel is made is actually very simple. So I did a bit of math, and adapted a pattern for this heel to go with my socks.
I had a panic attack last week because I accidentally pulled out one knitting needle while taking the socks out of my crochet/knitting basket..... This was the second time I had to pick up stitches, but it was my own fault. Never ever pull your knitting from underneath something....Luckily I was able to pick up all of the stitches!
The heel with mini gusset is coming along nicely, they are going to be the same colours as the toes. I have one half heel at the moment! I do not like to knit back and forth, so I am ice dipping as well at the moment. My upper arm gets all tensed up when I knit and purl flat.

I really do hope that in two weeks I am halfway through the cuff. That would be very nice.

I am so pleased with myself!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx