zaterdag 12 juli 2014

Friday/Saturday Find

:)

I'm late! I was away from home (at school) from 6 AM until 12 AM. Yup thats right. I had to chaperonne at a school dance in the evening so it was a long long day.

But this gave me a whole lot of time to think up a great theme for this Find.

Fair Isle
an intricate multicoloured pattern knitted with Shetland wool into various garments, such as sweaters

It's a technique that is seen in beautiful sweaters and hats/gloves. It is sooooooooooooo stunning. When you are knitting in the round it is not much of a problem to make these kind of motifs (it involves quite some finger wrestling with different yars which is beyond my abilities) because it is seamless and the stitches are stacked above eachother.
With crochet you have a problem to make this technique work. Only single crochet is capable of creating a dense fabric, but when you are working in the round all the stitches shift each round. Luckily there are a few great designers who puzzled it all out and created beautiful patterns for crocheters to try Fair Isle!

Here are a few!

Alien_3_web_small 


Mrfox22_small2



Img_4750_small2



Snake_1_web_small2



2270637539_e90e2a5271_n 

This would be a master test in crocheting Fair Isle!


I have gotten quite some inspiration from this Find. I hope you enjoyed it my dear readers!

Happy Weekend!






Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx