woensdag 28 november 2012

Lactosefree Cooking: Hmmmmm Pumpkin Cookies!

Over the past few weeks I have been pinning like mad on Pinterest, but I am getting the feeling I really need to do something with my pins.

I had lots of recipes. Most of them are cookies and pies. I just love them. Easy to make, delicious to eat!

During Autumn season I have a soft spot pumpkin. Eating pumpkin is not really very Dutch, but pumpkin soup is getting more normal nowadays it seems. Typically American bites such as pumpkin pie and pumpkin cookies are not part of the normal Dutch kitchen.

I knew some pumpkin recipes, and I make pumpkin soup for years and years, but I did not know how to work with pumpkin for sweet treats such as pie. We do not have the tins with pumpkin puree ready-to-go, only fresh pumpkins are available in the store.

Last year I made pumpkin pie from a Dutch recipe for the first time and it was a winner. And after making that pie I knew how to make pumpkin puree from a fresh pumpkin, so this year I was really eyeing and drooling on the pins with pumpkin pie and pumpkin cookies.

Last Sunday was the day.

I made these : *click*

Absolutely delicious.......


This recipe is "double" lactosefree. I used ricemilk chocolate and plant based butter for these cookies.

First of all, get a pumpkin. The recipe calls for a can of pumpkin puree, but this is how you make fresh pumpkin puree:

Clean your pumpkin by removing the skin and seeds, and cut it up in pieces
Lay the pieces on a baking tray (covered with baking paper) and drizzle some olive oil over the pieces
Grill the pumpkin in a preheated oven (190 degrees Celsius) for about 35 minutes
Mash the pieces to make puree

Now, for the cookies I converted the measurements to the metric system and used some other stuff than called for in the recipe:

You'll need
280 grams all purpose flour
227 grams butter
200 grams sugar
425 grams pumpkin puree (buy a small one)
2 eggs
1.5 tsp pumpkin pie spice (a mixture of 1.5 tsp cinnamon, 0.5 tsp nutmeg, 0.25 tsp cloves and 0.5 tsp ginger)
1 tsp baking powder
0.5 tsp baking soda
0.5 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 chocolate bars, grated (I used Maitre Mathis from Albert Heijn and Bonvita from the reform shop)

Follow the recipe and bake the cookies at 190 degrees Celsius.

Here is the recipe in short, I did not do the glazing:

COMBINE flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.

BAKE for 15 to 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Drizzle or spread with Vanilla Glaze.

These cookies are a bit cake like, a bit spongy, a little bit sweet and I love love love the bits of chocolate in these.

I can really recommend them!


 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

I would love it if you leave a comment! Thank you so much for visiting xXx